SearchSearch CalendarCalendar GalleryGalleryAuction-PortalAuctions GlobalGlobal Top-ListTopMembersMembers StatisticsStats
get your RSS-Feed
Language/Sprache:  Admin  
 Login: ChatChat (0) new User-MapUser-Mapsend Passwordsend Password RegisterRegister

Forum Overview » Beispiel-Kategorie / Example Category » Beispiel-Forum / Example Forum » John (Band 8.5) Shares His Ultimate Ielts Tips
Pages: (1) [1] »
Registration necessaryRegistration necessary
John (Band 8.5) Shares His Ultimate Ielts Tips
nancy01no Access no Access first Post cannot be deleted -> delete the whole Topic 
Group: User
Level:

IP-Address: saved

John, an IELTS candidate, just got his result today, which is as follows:

Reading 9
Listening 9
Speaking 8
Writing 8

Overall band score 8.5

He didn't have much time to prepare for his IELTS exam. He claimed that he had just three months to achieve an 8.5 in order to study abroad. We asked him whether he had any advice for other test-takers. He said these things:

1. IELTS Speaking Test. 

"I used to hone my English speaking skills by practicing in front of a mirror. I also gained more knowledge about IELTS speaking topics and test takers' expectations. I've been looking for IELTS speaking projections to use at home, and I've recorded every performance for later evaluation and progress tracking.

I also grasp the IELTS speaking scoring criteria, which are: Pronunciation, Grammar Range and Accuracy, Lexical Resource, Fluency and Coherence, and Range and Accuracy (P).

>>> Read more: ielts online test

Remember to speak English as much as possible. If it is difficult to find someone who speaks English to you in a non-English speaking country, you can communicate with your foreign friends via social media.”

2. IELTS Listening Test

“I had enough time to practice listening at home so I went through the hearing test. I like listening to English music and watching English TV channels. Also, my English teacher recommended that I watch debates in English on specific topics.

In addition, I forced myself to start thinking in English rather than my native language.

The recording wouldn't be played again, so I had to pay close attention while I was listening. But don't worry if you miss a part of the recording; just carry on with the chat and respond appropriately to the subsequent questions.”

>>> Read more: ielts test online

3. IELTS Reading Test 

“I found the IELTS Reading test a bit difficult because of the long passages and unfamiliar terms. However, instead of trying to understand entire sections in a short amount of time, I used some standard reading strategies such as skimming or scanning to grasp the main points and identify essential information.

In addition, I read the section first, then I glanced at the answer to the question. I gave each paragraph's opening sentence extra attention because it might be the topic sentence and explain what the paragraph is all about.”

4. IELTS Writing Test

“The hardest thing for me to do is writing. I had to complete two writing tasks: the first asked me to analyze a pie chart that was provided, and thesecond required me to compose an argumentative essay. Before I started to write, I had read carefully through the questions to make sure my answers were well-organized, clear, and relevant.”

>>> See more: online ielts test

5. Pro Tips: Doing IELTS Practice Tests

“ I have completed at least one or two online IELTS tests before going to the actual test to get familiar with the test format and question types. Here is the useful website where I got the IELTS tests online free of charge: Ielts Test Pro

Remember that taking practice tests is one of the best ways to pass a real test. Improve your listening, reading, writing, writing skills with FREE online ielts test and detailed explanations. It is recommended that you practice using the official IELTS Writing and in limited time. Also, review common topics for IELTS Speaking and IELTS Writing”

John got an overall band score of 8.5 and is eligible for his scholarship. You should read his sharing if you want to learn more practical advice for your Ielts preparation. Let's use Ielts Online Tests to practice today so you can get.

1/12/2023 8:07:03 AM   
DeanWatkinsno Access no Access no Access 
Level:

I don't think this is the best solution in this situation, there are alternatives

2/20/2023 3:50:49 PM   
salliewillno Access no Access no Access 
Level:

Although there are many programs to teach IELTS, there is not really one that makes me believe. I know your curriculum from getting over it, I will refer to this curriculum.

6/9/2023 10:34:41 AM   
suri1205no Access no Access no Access 
Level:

Listen to a variety of English audio materials such as podcasts, news broadcasts, and lectures. Focus on understanding the rankdle main ideas, supporting details, and specific information.

6/19/2023 11:53:43 AM    
zeldhehno Access no Access no Access 
Level:

Local community centers, hobby classes, and recreational clubs often organize events 2048 cupcakes and gatherings centered around various leisure activities. By participating in these events, individuals can meet others who share a similar passion for relaxation.

7/1/2023 4:28:03 AM    
thomasfrankno Access no Access no Access 
Level:

These tips are great insights, and I'm ready to incorporate them into my preparation for the next build now gg exam.

1/13/2024 10:27:31 AM  
Registration necessaryRegistration necessary
Pages: (1) [1] »