SearchSearch CalendarCalendar GalleryGalleryAuction-PortalAuctions GlobalGlobal Top-ListTopMembersMembers StatisticsStats
get your RSS-Feed
Language/Sprache:  Admin  
 Login: ChatChat (0) new User-MapUser-Mapsend Passwordsend Password RegisterRegister

Forum Overview » TrackMania Nations » TMN Allgemein » UPDATE: TMNF
Pages: (1) [1] »
Registration necessaryRegistration necessary
UPDATE: TMNF
smashingdeluxeno Access no Access first Post cannot be deleted -> delete the whole Topic 
Group: Administrator
Level: Heavy Spamer

IP-Address: saved

Das hier hab ich mal durchgeschut. Probiert zu verstehen, was die da meinen... also soviel is von mir zu sagen... TMNF ist super. Nadeo meint, dass für TMN das Ladder "resetten" unumgänglich ist.
Viel Spass beim stöbern

In this part of the interview we get to find out details about TrackMania Forever that many have been wanting to ask since we all saw the features list given in the original announcement over on the TM-Forum. Some of this is a little technical and other parts expect you to know TMF and its announced feature list reasonably well.

Q: Will this update be an accumalative patch, including all previous patch`s updating as required? or just an add-on where TMU players will have to update 4 times or more after install before they can play?

Originally posted by Nadeo ...
It will be an accumalative patch, including all previous patch`s updating.

Q: In the announcement you say that you have taken measures to prevent ladder Boosting, Whereas some people are saying there is no way that is possible, so any details as to how this going to be achieved?

If we would think that it is impossible, we would surely fall short of finding the solutions. It is still being designed, but if for example you ask players to vote for official "top1000" servers, and that it is only possible to win points for the top 1000 players on those servers, I think you can tell that the community has a way to make a place for boosting difficult. If Nadeo design those servers, you can even avoid the "vote" problem. But personally, I would prefer a community decision.

Q: About the new cup mode, in one of your posts you say that all numbers in the rules can be changed, does this mean it can be 5vs5vs5vs5 with 10 to 200 points as well as 1vs1vs1vs1 5 with rounds to 100 points for example?

The cup mode is still a work in progress and even if we would like to have good parameters, like team vs team, we may need too much time to do it. As you can see, programmers are useful.

Q: This whole new Ladder, is it just for the stadium? or all? are we all going to get reset?

Not defined yet. But anyway, login will be new on Nations, so the "reset" seems obvious for Nations players. Points could be transfered, but with different ladders, it would be strange. I will focus on the fact that good players can quickly climb in the ladder.

Q: Will there be new maps for all the modes in the single player challenge modes. Is there going to be extreme race stadium 2 for example.

Wait and see. I think that you will have good additionnal solo content in Forever. It depends on some people ^_^.

Q: Will we finally have the single player official mode as a proper on/off toggle so it is always on or always off, even if it costs coppers to keep on?

We won't modify the single player official mode. Players should have been concentrating like in a tournament. Its a way to give them the feeling being in competition. However, you may have better rewards for your training performance. Moreover, the mode you are talking about would be very costly on the master server, because of anti cheat.

Q: Which physics set are you going to use TMU or TMN and what really is difference between the two?

For people who see the gameplay as different, I need to ask them which one is the fastest on one track? Once a record would be unbeatable on one gameplay, we can start to say that the gameplay is different. I think that the "feeling" can be different. It could be the input methods, the camera, the framerate or I don't know what... But we have tried to keep the same gameplay. In Stadium, it was even more difficult because of the dirt addition. But at the end of the day, I think that my test can reveal if the gameplay is truly different or not.

Q: Will un-upgraded TMN and TMU be running alongside TMN-F and TMU-F master servers and if so for how long?

TMN should be online for at least a little time. This is the only thing I am quite sure today.

Q: Are people who play both TMU and TMN going to keep having separate logins or will there be a way of transferring their points etc from one to the other, or will they have to start again from scratch with one

The goal for the ladder is to define one's skill, not to make it a mmorpg. If you want an avatar to be good instead of you, I think you should look elsewhere. In TrackMania, it is for real, you are the avatar, with your level, you rank, your powers (like drift ^_^) and that's it. It is different and I think it is closer to real life.
View User ProfileSend Private Message highplainsbifta
At this point we really got into it. 06-Nov-2007 : Quote : Report
Walking Wiki

Q: Is there any difference between the car model format for TMU and TMN and if so which is going to be used?

The format is from TMU.

Q: Is there going to be a significant upgrade to the server browser to help make this easier on everybody? If so can we expect such things as search for track in the browser or will it just be new functions like filter by environment/mood/server type? Will we be able to search by more than 20 servers (8 in TMU) a page? Or so that when you examine a server it shows more than 20 of what could a hundred or more in the track-list.

It is still undefined. We are waiting ten millions of people in that lobby. So, our goal is surely not to make the interface more complex. If we have programming resources left, we will try to put in somewhere some more expert features. It is still a programming task

Q: Is the Dedicated server finally going to be Integrated into the game? i.e. rather than having to use external tools such as Dedimania you set it all up inside TMU and click a Dedicated/Listen server button which would on launch would close the game and just leave the dedi server running?

It would be a good one but too much in between beginner and expert function. So, it will surely not be our priority. Xavier has the Cup mode to do.

Q: Is there any intention to start an on-line world-record DB for On-Line servers? This could be even tied into ManiaZones so you take the On-Line record on a track as well as the off-line one.

The problem here is all about the cheating. The only opportunity we have to do this, is to enable "official" run while on multiplayer tracks. But we need to think about our servers.

Q: Is TMN going to get access to Manialinks which are often plugged into TMU servers?

The Ingame ManiaLinks of servers should be available. As for the others, it is not defined.

Q: About the trigger conditions upgrade in the MediaTracker Florent said "there are two conditions time > or < ?, already trigger another clip ?", could you explain further?

A clip would start only if you there are at that time since the beginning of the race, would it be inferior or superior. And another condition is to look if you have already triggered a clip, so you can make "key" points. Ask Crusard, he will explain it ^_^

Q : While discussing the Media Tracker what is this draw triangles thing all about? and if just the obvious why not quads, ellipses and lines too?

We want to make it simple.

Q: Does ingame replays mean we can finally do picture in picture?

Not at all. ingame replays are to import cars trajectory in your Mediatracker. So you can have a fake police car running after you in the race for example. Totally fake, but may be totally fun We have no idea of the real interest of that. It is a left to the players imagination.

Q : What is a Stereoscopic shooter? is this the ability to use two camera sources for wipes etc in the Mediatracker, is it the much requested split screen mode or stereoscopic output for dedicated 3d vision hardware? Or none of the above? If so any more info?

Yes, it is the split output. There are keys for eyes separation and focus distance, but it is difficult to monitor. With patience, I think some video makers will be able to make good stereoscopic shooting.

Q : What exactly is a networked car sound engine?

The engine state for sounds were badly transfered. Should be fixed now.

Q : Is there any hope on a few more details as to the changes (if any) in the coppers system?

No big changes. More protected for sure. More uniform taxes and online ability on web to make a transaction by going through the official Nadeo page.

Q : Are Mania-Stars going to make an appearance over on TMU or are they being phased out?

We would like ManiaStars to come back in a good way. There is a bigger system being set up in place, called ManiaTags. It will be a way to make official some players roles or achievements in the community. ManiaStars may be a subset of this. But again, we need programming time to do it.
View User ProfileSend Private Message highplainsbifta
Here we learnt some interesting stuff. 06-Nov-2007 : Quote : Report
Walking Wiki

Q : Will the new NO-CD system mean TM will finally run on Linux with no problems? Is this truly an end to StarForce on TM Products?

I have explained a lot of things on that, and apparently, it is still not understood by many players. Cheating appeared on United because we used SF lite. It would not have appeared otherwise. We have spent a lot of programming resources to make our own protection, but this whole SF thing has been way misunderstood by many people. My goal today is still to focus on players fun, and

www.cyberlord.at
KLICKEN!!!!
11/7/2007 10:24:14 PM    
Registration necessaryRegistration necessary
Pages: (1) [1] »